Park Rules & Regulations
Cranston Park Rules & Regulations
The Cranston Residents Associations (CRA) will strive to enhance the enjoyment of members’ lives and promote community spirit by offering amenities, facilities and programs for members’ benefits in a financially responsible manner.
The Cranston Amenities are for the exclusive use of Members of the Cranston Residents Association and their guests. Until the community has reached a self-sustainable level, this rule will be relaxed to allow outside residents to register for programs and rent the Century Hall. A non-resident fee will be added to the cost of any registered program(s) and/or rental booking(s). This resident and non-resident fees entitles you access to the Century Hall Facility and/or Park Amenities where non-scheduled programming is occurring. However, only residents and their guests will be permitted to use the facility or park.
All such members and their guests are permitted the use of the Century Hall Facility and/or Park Amenities at their own risk and subject to the following rules and regulations.
- Membership fees are mandatory and are due April 1st of every year.
- A “Member” is defined in the Cranston Residents Association Brochure.
- All members must present their membership card at the front desk to gain entrance to the park and facility. Access may be denied without your membership card.
- Members accessing the Cranston Amenities must carry their membership card at all times and present it for inspection upon request of the Cranston Residents Association staff.
- Membership cards are not transferable.
- Lending your membership card to another person is prohibited and will result in a temporary suspension of membership privileges as determined by CRA.
Issuance of Membership Cards
- If you are the registered owner of the property, bring a copy of your Certificate of Title to the office along with a piece of Government issued picture ID. The Certificate of Title can also be received by way of fax/mail/email. Certificate of Titles are not kept on file at Century Hall. Any Certificate of Title faxed/mailed/emailed will be shredded after being reviewed. Members must reside in the Cranston home to be eligible for a membership card. All members must provide proof of residency in order to obtain a card.
- Renters – the homeowner may transfer their privileges to the renters. Owners or renters (not both) may have park/facility access. If the owners wish to transfer their privileges to the renters, a Transfer of Privileges form must be completed and returned to the Century Hall Administration Office. This form is available from the Administration Office and on www.cranston-connect.com. If owners would like communication from the CRA (invoices, AGM notices, etc.) sent to a different address, please inform the administration office.
- Unmarried children, boarders, and nannies who are 21 years of age or older will be issued cards when they supply proof that they live at that address, by way of a piece of Government issued picture ID with the current address on it.
- Membership cards are eligible to be renewed every three (3) years free of charge, at the members’ request. If a membership card is lost, residents will be charged a $10.00 fee for replacement.
- Children under 12 will not be issued cards and are only allowed to use the facilities when accompanied by an adult.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Cranston Residents Association. CRA will seize cards and suspend access if the holder of the card breaches the rules.
Guests of Members
- Residents eligible for membership cannot be signed in as guests.
- Adult members are permitted up to 5 guests per household. Members’ children 12 to 16 years of age entering the park without an adult are allowed up to 2 guests. All guests must be signed in with the Customer Relations Associate before entering the park/facility.
- Are you having more than 5 guests? Please complete the guest list form and return it to Century Hall at least 1 week prior to your event for approval (max. 20 guests). The Park Guest List form can be found on here [link to form] or at Century Hall. CRA has the right to decline any large group.
- Members/households are only permitted to submit one (1) guest list per day (maximum of 3 per year).
- Members must be in the park with their guests and will assume full responsibility for their guests and their guests’ actions at all times while accessing any of the Cranston Amenities.
- The possession of, and/or consumption of any alcohol and/or illegal substance is NOT permitted in the park and amenities.
- Rollerblades and skateboards are not allowed to be used in the Century Hall Facility, Park Amenities and/or pathways.
- Animals are not permitted in the park.
- Open fires are not permitted.
- Anyone found damaging or vandalizing CRA property may be required to make full restitution to the Century Hall Facility.
- The use of profanity and foul language in the Century Hall Facility and/or Park Amenities and rambunctious and unsafe behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Motorized remote control driven planes, vehicles, drones and such are not permitted on CRA property.
- CRA does not provide any supervision in the Century Hall Facility and/or Park Amenities.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children under the age of twelve (12) at all times.
- Please watch your children to ensure they are acting/or playing in a safe and cooperative manner.
- No person shall at anytime discharge, deposit, throw, dump, or place any trash or debris of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, any toxic or dangerous substance or material), all of which are strictly prohibited at all times
- No food/drink (except water in closed containers), or chewing gum allowed in the Splash Park area.
- Water Spray guns are not to be sprayed towards one another in the Splash Park.
- There is a risk of injury associated with any activities in the Splash Park.
Skating and Tobogganing
- Tobogganing is permitted in designated areas only.
- Nobody is allowed on the ice while the Zamboni or other equipment is servicing the ice.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted on the pleasure rink.
- Tennis courts are to be used for tennis only.
- Soft soled court shoes are to be used.
- Chairs and other hard objects are not permitted on the courts.
- The courts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Use of the courts is to be restricted to 30 minute periods during busy times (please use the signup board at the entrance to the courts), except if a formal instruction program is scheduled by the CRA.
- Proper tennis etiquette should prevail to resolve disputes.
- Jumping, sitting, or leaning on the tennis nets is strictly prohibited.
ANY VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE POLICIES WILL RESULT IN:
Warning by the Cranston Residents Association Management or suspension of privileges for a period of time that is deemed appropriate by the Cranston Residents Association.
CRA does not accept liability for any damage or loss of personal items or personal injury for Members, Family Members, Guests, and Non-Residents. Members, guests, or participants should ensure they have adequate homeowners insurance in place to cover against property damage or loss and personal injury.
In all matters, whether or not specifically covered herein, courtesy and common sense shall prevail. Staff members are not provided for supervising or babysitting. Play safe and be respectful of the park and other members in the park. Members are encouraged to approach staff with any questions or concerns they may have. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that the Cranston Residents Association Staff and Residents will not tolerate physical or verbal abuse of any kind. The necessary authorities will be immediately called if this behaviour occurs.
Management of the Cranston Residents Association reserves the right to change or update the Rules and Regulations as necessary without notice.